Tonight I released Blogifier 2.1. I also installed it on couple sites that I'm going to support moving forward. Having multiple instances running in production environment puts a lot of restrictions, because support and maintenance on the live site takes a lot of time and effort.
Few weeks back I upgraded this blog to run on Blogifier - open source project I put on Github over a year ago. In its current incarnation it is a small blogging application that is fun and easy to use - to me at least :)
Most open source projects follow common structure. You put your source files under "src", distribution files go to "dist", unit tests under "tests". Nothing wrong with that, so I mostly followed it for Blogifier and ended up with this structure.
For a while Blogifier tried wearing two hats - been platform (Core) and application at the same time. In theory it made sense, in reality you need large team for this kind of multitasking.
Explaining is hard. Things that seem crystal clear to you can be completely foreign to others, and when I started planning on Blogifier, concept looked very natural and not even worth explanation.
It took just a few weeks to move Blogifier to release 1.1. Although changes are mostly cosmetic, it adds some really nice polishing touches to core functionality and significantly improves UX. Check out below what exactly was added in this new version.
It took way too long but finally Blogifier.Core 1.0 has been released to the world! It means, two brand new packages popped up in the Nuget.org and, if you search on "blogifier" it should return page looking similar to this