.NET and Open Source: better together


  • Join Us on Facebook!
  • Follow Us on Twitter!
  • LinkedIn
  • Subcribe to Our RSS Feed

Enclosure Support in BlogEngine.net

Enclosure support has been added to the latest BlogEngine.Net code base. Enclosure is a tag added to your RSS feed that let you publish podcasts on your blog. RSS readers like iTunes and others recognize this tag and let users subscribe to the media files you published. Here is how it works. More...

Generic Data Store

After giving it more thought, I decided to make some significant changes to the picture from the previous post. Main reason is that I wanted to make settings layer a thing on its own. Make it more generic and flexible. More...

Mp3Player updated for BlogEngine 1.3

There is a new version of Mp3 flash audio player extension for BlogEngine 1.3 available for download. Please note that it will not work with BE 1.2 because it uses Extension Manager. The new in this version is an admin page that will let you to change how player looks. You’ll be able to change colors and sizes through the settings interface. I did this as an exercise to show how you can use your own admin page AND still take advantage of some of the Extension Manager features. More...

Update on mp3player and other things

Quick update: for those using mp3player, I noticed that it throws NullReferenceException in the latest BlogEngine builds. To fix it, go to extension source code (/App_Code/Extensions/mp3player.cs) and change from: More...

Mp3 Player - the new release is coming

Since BlogEngine finally got its extensions section up and running on the project’s home page, I put my Mp3 Player extension up there. Also I’ve been pointed on a small glitch this player has – in IE you have to click once to activate it and only after second click it will play. Not a big deal and I did not pay a lot of attention to it, mostly because pretty much every flash player I used so far has this same problem (see the picture). After short investigation I found out that reason Microsoft can’t fix this glitch is a legal one – there is a dispute over a patent going on. But MS (and Flash people) do provide works around “click to activate” problem, most of which comes down to writing “object” tag by JavaSript rather than embedding it directly into HTML code. Can be done in variety of ways for different situations and I think I found one that will work in my case. Needs a bit more testing, but looks like it should work just fine. More...

Download BlogEngine Themes